Please join Texans Care for Children and Mental Health America of Greater Houston for our next Children’s Policy Series forum:
GIVING TEXAS KIDS A HEALTHY START:
POLICY GOALS FOR 2017
Wednesday, October 5th, 12:00 - 1:30 pm
at the offices of Collaborative for Children
1111 North Loop West, Suite 600, Houston, TX 77008
(Please note new location.)
Ample research tells us that early childhood experiences are the foundation for the rest of a child’s life. Those experiences – and a child’s lifelong trajectory – are shaped by state policies on a myriad of issues, including maternal health, child care, children’s mental health, early intervention for kids with disabilities and developmental delays, and more.
On October 5th we will gather to discuss the latest developments on these early childhood issues in Texas, how each of these issues intersect with each other, and policy opportunities in Texas to ensure more children are healthy and on a path to succeed.
The forum will include a welcome by the Episcopal Health Foundation, a panel with the following speakers, and then a group discussion:
- Stephanie Rubin, CEO of Texans Care for Children, on ECI and rate cuts to therapies for children with disabilities
- Christina Triantaphyllis, Chief Officer of Public Policy & Strategic Initiatives at Collaborative for Children, on boosting child care quality and safety
- Adriana Kohler, Senior Health Policy Associate at Texans Care for Children, on the state’s new women's health programs and ensuring healthy birth outcomes
- Katie Chennisi, Public Health Analyst at Harris County Public Health, on increasing access to healthy foods in child care settings
- Josette Saxton, Director of Mental Health Policy at Texans Care for Children, on supporting children's mental health
A complimentary lunch will be provided. For more information, please contact [email protected]
Thank you to our host Collaborative for Children and our partners Mental Health America of Greater Houston, Episcopal Health Foundation, First 3 Years, and Children at Risk for their support.
We’ll see you in Houston!