TIME & DATE: 10:00 AM, Thursday, September 15, 2016
PLACE: E1.036 (Finance Room), Texas State Capitol
CHAIR: Senator Jane Nelson
The Senate Finance Committee will meet Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 10:00am to hear invited and public testimony on the following interim charge:
Monitor the implementation of legislation addressed by the Senate Finance Committee during the 84th Legislature, Regular Session and make recommendations for any legislation needed to improve, enhance, and/or complete implementation. Specifically, monitor the following:
- Tax relief provided to property owners;
- The gradual phase out of the franchise tax;
- Support for and the enhancement of graduate medical education;
- Efforts of the Department of Information Resources (DIR)to modernize the technology of state agencies;
- The implementation of required changes to state agency contracting, purchasing, and accounting procedures; and
- Monitor the implementation of Health and Human Services Commission Rider 50.
Those wishing to give public testimony, please limit prepared remarks to 3 minutes. If submitting written testimony, please submit 40 copies, with your name on each copy, to the Committee during the hearing.